ws-xmlrpc-dev mailing list archives

From "WATKINS, Andy, FM" <Andy.WATK...@rbos.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic Web Server port assignment
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 10:09:48 GMT
We are doing something similar.
What I really want is a no-arg constructor
so that I can setup a port and socket factory
in a derived class before the base class constructor
initialiases the web server.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Walker [mailto:robw@softsell.com]
Sent: 23 May 2002 10:07
To: rpc-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Dynamic Web Server port assignment

Part of our app. creates a "callback" web server, for receiving asynchronous

event notification.

I'd like to have the WebServer class pick a dynamic port for me, and from
what I
can see if a pass a port number of "0" into the constructor it will do this.
Snag is,
the serverSocket field is a protected variable and there's no getXXX method
gbet the actual port number assigned. Seems I can probably subclass
WebServer to get around this, but wondered if anyone felt it merited
inclusion in
the base class.

-- Rob Walker
SoftSell Business Systems, Ltd.
' testing solutions for a changing world '

+44 (20) 7488 3470
www.softsell.com
robw@softsell.com

      Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com