ws-xmlrpc-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Peierls <...@peierls.net>
Subject Re: Dropping JDK 1.1 compatibility
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:01:47 GMT
Dan Rall wrote:
> I would like to propose that we drop JDK 1.1 compatibility in favor of
> 1.2 and higher.

If/when this is approved, I'd like to suggest that backward compatibility
with Vector and Hashtable be maintained by

1) adding XmlRpc class properties that determine which implementations
   of List and Map should be used when converting <array> and <struct>
   arguments and results to Java objects, and

2) adding a backward compatibility class boolean that produces the
   old behavior without having to do anything else.

Defaults for 1) would be ArrayList and HashMap. (Going from Java to
<array> and <struct> is no problem: anything implementing List is
an <array> and anything implementing Map is a <struct>.)

--tim