ws-xmlrpc-dev mailing list archives

From Hannes Wallnöfer <han...@helma.at>
Subject Including non-Apache code
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:48:42 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering what you guys think about including the SAX classes and
MinML parser with Apache XML-RPC? From a technical point of view I'm
sure it makes sense - SAX and MinML are very small, and even if Xerces
is available, MinML is *much* faster because it was written explicitely
for that minimal subset of XML that XML-RPC uses.

It's also very nice for users to minimize external dependencies.

I'm not sure about the licensing issues. SAX is public domain, and MinML
comes with a BSD style license. So this looks good, but I'm not sure how
these things are handled within Apache in general.

  Hannes