ws-wss4j-dev mailing list archives

From "yinghui chen" <yinghu...@hotmail.com>
Subject signature verification fail when modifying soap body by intermediate
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 06:43:38 GMT
Dear All,
I am currently applying the wss4j for a small project. But we are having a
problem of signature verification failure. Here is the description.
For example, company A construct a SOAP message, and sign element A within
the SOAP body. And then company A send the SOAP to company B. Company B
insert an element B into the SOAP body. The element B is a sibling of
element A. And then Company B forward the SOAP to Company C. The Company C
verifies the signature, but it fails. I have tried the case if Company B
does not insert element B, the signature verification is success.
The thing that I do not understand is that company A sign only element A,
why insersion of element B break the signature.

I am looking forward to your help,
Yinghui