ws-wss4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Dittmann, Werner" <werner.dittm...@siemens.com>
Subject AW: signature verification fail when modifying soap body by intermediate
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:22:32 GMT
Yinghui,

that failure may have several reasons. Fist of all,
you are right that modifiying/addin an element that was
not part of the Signature should not cause the verification
to fail.

However, my assumption is that during the modification of the
body ny adding another element also the original element (A)
is modifiy somehow. To add the second element (B) someone
usually needs to parse the body, building a DOM tree, insert
the new element and serialize the DOM into a new body.

If during this parsing/inserting/serialization process the element
A is modifiyied in some way the verification fails. Modification
in this case mean e.g. adding a newline character, a blank, a tab
or something else. This very often occurs during the above mentioned
steps. After Singing an element this element _must not_ be modified
in the way described above. You may check the whole stuff if you
really look at the request using e.g. TCPMON before the request
enters procesing of company B and after processing.

Regards,
Werner