ws-wss4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Olano, Ever" <oe...@cybersource.com>
Subject WS-Security 1.1
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:45:07 GMT
Hello.  I just joined the mailing list so pardon me if this has been
asked before.  I could not find a search button on the mailing list
archives.  I'll also go through the past posts but if there's anyone who
wouldn't mind answering this (again) now, I'd be really grateful.
Actually, it's a group of questions.

Does anyone know when the new version of the standard (1.1) might be
"approved" as an OASIS standard?  I can see that they're now considering
the current drafts for promotion to "Committee Specification", which is
one step away (or actually, they say, promotion to committee spec and to
standard may be simultaneous) from OASIS standard.  How much longer do
you think before we see the new 1.1 standard?

Also, is WSS4J ready for 1.1?  Is the dev team taking some steps now to
gradually incorporate the 1.1 changes?  How long do you think after 1.1
comes out before WSS4J becomes 1.1-compliant?  Hope you don't mind my
asking.  I just want to have an idea.  I don't mean to place any demands
on you, guys.  It's been working great so far.  Kudos to everyone
involved!

Thanks,

Ever