ws-wss4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Smorul <toas...@umiacs.umd.edu>
Subject Re: SAML code samples...
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:17:23 GMT
SAML works, however if you want to use an external issuer, you will need
to subclass WSDoallSender/Receiver to supply your own assertions to
wss4j. Apart from that, SAML in wss4j is treated like a signed message.

Another issue that I ran into using SAML in wss4j is that for
holder-of-key, you will need to check client assertions against message
signing information manually. There is no check to make sure all
signatures in the assertion match up, just that an assertion is present.

I have some stuff posted online that may be useful.
http://narawiki.umiacs.umd.edu/twiki/bin/view/Lab/SamlTutorial It's
mainly geared towards our project requirements though.

-Mike

Brian Woo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for some sample code to implement a SAML-enabled server & client with
WSS4J.  However, I can't seem to find any.  I have tried the UsernameToken example and it
works fine, that's great.  But, is WSS4J even ready for SAML?  Or it's still under development?
 Can someone give me some advice?