ws-wss4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Reynolds <...@RonReynolds.com>
Subject Re: Xalan required for JDK 5.x?
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 03:24:08 GMT
that's true of any jar - it just puts it into the classloader above the
app loader - it's not that much different from putting it on the app
classpath.  i guess i know deep down that you need to include xalan with
a 5.0 JVM (tho not with a 1.4 JVM) - i can't imagine why Sun removed
those classes from rt.jar (tho i'm even more surprised they added them
in the first place).  it just seems weird to include a whole XSLT engine
just for one (or a few) utility classes that (on the surface) seem to
have nothing to do with XSLT. :-/