ws-wsrf-user mailing list archives

From Sal Campana <sc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Writing Java clients
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:01:02 GMT
Jyotishman Pathak wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand the "filesystem" example provided as part of
> the Apache WSRF distribution. I can see that there is a way to test my
> service using SOAP client [1]. However, I am wondering how can I write
> a Java client for the same? Should I use WSDL2Java to generate stubs
> etc. as proposed in [2] ? Or should I adopt one of the approaches
> proposed in [3] ?
>
> Actually, I am not sure whether generating stubs etc. makes sense
> here. In other words, we already used WSDL2Java tool [4] during the
> process of building/coding the WS-Resource. Won't I get the same "Java
> classes & interfaces" if I use the WSDL2Java tool on the *.wsdl file ?
> Should I do something like this [5] ?
>
> In summary, I am just not sure how to get the stubs etc. to invoke the
> service. Kindly suggest.
>
> Regards,
> Jyoti
>

> [1] http://ws.apache.org/wsrf/dev_guide/client.html
> [2]
> http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html#WSDL2JavaBuildingStubsSkeletonsAndDataTypesFromWSDL
> [3]
> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-javaclient/
> [4] http://ws.apache.org/wsrf/dev_guide/wsdl_tool.html
> [5]
> http://gdp.globus.org/gt4-tutorial/singlehtml/progtutorial_0.1.1.html#core_first_client

We do not propose a "correct" way of building clients....Currently our
Wsdl2Java does not produce client side stubs...

We've utilized the SOAPConnectionFactory and built requests using the
generated XmlBeans, so that is another way....We've also used the .soap
request files in some scenarios...

I will say if you are going to use Axis to generate client stubs then
you should use the version of Wsdl2Java provided with the Apache
WS-Addressing implementation as it has been extended to have the
WS-Addressing smarts needed for sending Addressing headers, vanilla
Axis' Wsdl2Java does not....

We will be providing some client side apis in the near future, but for
now you are free to use whatever you want, whatever is easiest....

-Sal