ws-wsif-user mailing list archives

From Kuldar Taveter <kul...@cs.mu.OZ.AU>
Subject Problems with complex SOAP invocations
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:01:26 GMT
Hello,

I am struggling with problems related to invoking Web Services which are
very similar to the "official"
complexsoap Zip2Geo example which I haven't got to work either. These
services are supposed to
return a record containing a stock quote. The first stock quote service
(http://www.swanandmokashi.com/HomePage/WebServices/StockQuotes.asmx?WSDL)
obviously invokes (at least there is no error message) but returns
nothing. Both the "official"
Zip2Geo example (http://ws.cdyne.com/ziptogeo/zip2geo.asmx?wsdl) and the
other stock quote
service (http://ws.strikeiron.com/BasicRealTimeQuotes?WSDL) end with the
following
error message:

java.lang.ClassCastException
    at org.apache.wsif.schema.Parser.getTypesSchemas(Parser.java:507)
    at org.apache.wsif.schema.Parser.getAllSchemaTypes(Parser.java:406)
    at
org.apache.wsif.providers.ProviderUtils.unWrapPart(ProviderUtils.java:390)
    at
org.apache.wsif.providers.soap.apacheaxis.WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.unwrapSOAPParts(WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.java:812)
    at
org.apache.wsif.providers.soap.apacheaxis.WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.prepare(WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.java:1898)
    at
org.apache.wsif.providers.soap.apacheaxis.WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.invokeRequestResponseOperation(WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.java:1384)
    at
org.apache.wsif.providers.soap.apacheaxis.WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.executeRequestResponseOperation(WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.java:1019)
    at semantic.Run2.main(Run2.java:74)

I am using wsif-2.0.1_IB3, wsdl4j-1_5_1, axis-1_2_1, xerces-2_6_2,
soap-2_3_1, Java 2 SDK 1.4 and J2EE 1.3,
but have also tried other versions.

What to do?

Thanks a lot,
Kuldar

Kuldar Taveter, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
The University of Melbourne