ws-wsif-user mailing list archives

From Simon Solomon <b08...@FDS.com>
Subject Re: SOAP over JMS
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:55:22 GMT

Hi,

I have been using WSIF's SOAP over JMS provider successfully for a while
now.
You can look at the attached sample wsdl that has Soap over Jms binding.

Even though wsif provided an Axis transport for jms (
org.apache.wsif.providers.soap.apacheaxis.WSIFJmsSender),
I did create a custom Axis transport class that handles the jms
read/writes.

Sample WSDL
(See attached file: JmsPutGet.wsdl)

Hope this helps,

Simon Solomon
ssolomon@fds.com

             "Mark D. Hansen"
             <khookguy@yahoo.c
                                       "WSIF (E-mail)"
             04/27/2004 03:37          <wsif-user@ws.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         SOAP over JMS
             wsif-user@ws.apac
                  he.org

Can I use WSIF if I always want to use SOAP for my messaging protocol, but
want to use different transports?  E.g., SOAP over HTTP, SOAP over JMS,
SOAP over SMTP.

I have a feeling that the answer is "Yes", but in the WSIF samples, the JMS
example seems to be for the "native binding" approach - not using SOAP, but
instead a WSDL extension binding input/output directly to JMS messages.
I'm interested in the simpler case where you simply wrap SOAP in a JMS
TextMessage and invoke normal SOAP-style web services, but use a
JMS-provider as transport.

Any ideas about this?  Is anyone still working on WSIF or has something
else superceded it?

Thanks,

Mark