ws-wsif-user mailing list archives

From "Leo Barcenas" <>
Subject Re: Service Name's soap:address location
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 06:05:22 GMT

Hi Nirmal,

It's me again.
Again thanks for this information.
I tried the code you suggested to me below. But,
I guess my the library that I'm using is old. I was able
to get right until:

Service service = def.getService(new QName("foo","bar"); // accesses service
named foo:bar

But, the "service" does not have the getExtensibilityElements method
that you wrote. I'm using the WSIF 2.0 API version. Are there any upper
version that I shoud install. Or any Jar files that I should dowload?

Again many thanks.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nirmal Mukhi
  Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 2:18 AM
  Subject: Re: Service Name's soap:address location

  You can modify the service endpoint in the WSDL definition
programmatically. Here is some sample code which should do this (not
compiled or tested, but it should be approximately correct). This uses the
standard WSDL API being defined in JSR110 (see for the reference

  WSDLFactory factory = WSDLFactory.newInstance();
  WSDLReader reader = factory.newWSDLReader();
  Definition def = reader.readWSDL(null,"sample.wsdl");
  Service service = def.getService(new QName("foo","bar"); // accesses
service named foo:bar
  List extElements = service.getExtensibilityElements();
  SOAPAddress address = (SOAPAddress) extElements.get(0); // this assumes
that there is only one extensibility element under <service>, viz.

  Now the definition (def) can be used by WSIF to create a WSIFService that
will attempt to invoke the service whose SOAP endpoint is http://newURI.

  Hope that helps,

       "David Seager" <>
        10/30/2003 08:13 AM
        Please respond to wsif-user

  Hi Leo,

  That WSDL shouldn't execute correctly from a remote client, as localhost
  will resolve to the machine it's being run on. The best way is to store
  WSDL on a web server on the remote server machine, with the location set
  with the remote server's hostname. Then point the client at the WSDL on
  remote server.

  However, if you know which provider gets used, there are methods on some
  override the location URL. In the WSIFPort_ApacheAxis class, in the Apache
  Axis provider, there is a setEndPoint method which will do the trick. Here
  is my code which changes the URL to something else:

       String wsdlLocation = "http://localhost:8080/axis/Expire.jws?wsdl";
       WSIFServiceFactory factory = WSIFServiceFactory.newInstance();
       WSIFService service = factory.getService(wsdlLocation, null, null,
  null, null);
       WSIFPort p = service.getPort();

       // override port
       WSIFPort_ApacheAxis pA = (WSIFPort_ApacheAxis)p;
       pA.setEndPoint(new URL("http://localhost:8081/axis/Expire.jws"));

       o = p.createOperation(operation);

       m1 = o.createInputMessage();
       m2 = o.createOutputMessage();
       m3 = o.createFaultMessage();

       boolean ok = o.executeRequestResponseOperation(m1, m2, m3);

  The WSDL referenced defines the Expire service to be at
  http://localhost:8080/axis/Expire.jws. However, the above code sends the
  request to the address in the override call. This only works if the
  provider being used is Apache Axis.

  David Seager
  IBM Hursley

                       "Leo Barcenas"
                       <        To:
                       >                        cc:
                                                Subject:  Service  Name's
soap:address location
                       30/10/2003 11:33
                       Please respond to

  I would like to ask about the WSDL file used in WSIF. In particular,
  the soap:address location of the Service name.
  I'm just quiet puzzled that some of the files I saw is written the one

   <service name="ServiceNM">
     <port name="SoapPort" binding="tns:SoapBinding">
       <soap:address location="http://localhost/WSDL/iLON100.WSDL" />

  Considering the above WSDL syntax, will this be able to correctly execute
  from a remote client? If not, is there a way that you can change
  into the IP address of the server where the web service is located during
  runtime? I've tried it in VB.NET by using the WebReference's URL property
  and replacing "localhost" to the server's IP address.

  Hoping for your answer.

  Many thanks.

View raw message