ws-wsif-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Mukhi <nmu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: ws-commons / WSDL4J DIME extensions
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:23:01 GMT
Hi,

This would be a great start. I am particularly interested in refactoring
WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL to have a more pluggable architecture so we can
share common code more easily.

In the wsdl2java case we can refactor so that the common code works off
abstract wsdl only and allows you to plug in binding-specific code
generators. Axis can plug in code (currently mixed in with other wsdl2java
code) to operate on the SOAP binding and generate Axis stubs.

In the java2wsdl case we can do it similarly - have the common code
operate on java classes/interfaces to generate abstract WSDL, then plug in
code to add bindings to this. The SOAP binding plug in can also be part of
the common project since it's a standard binding, but this architecture
will let WSIF plug in code to generate java, EJB, JMS, J2C bindings which
are defined as a part of WSIF.

Nirmal.

Davanum Srinivas <dims@yahoo.com>
02/07/2003 11:19 AM