ws-woden-dev mailing list archives

From Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Using Woden to generate sample SOAP body
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:43:14 GMT
There is a tool in the Eclipse Web Tools project that can read WSDL 1.1
and generate a UI form for the message, and send it to the endpoint. It's
called the Web Services Explorer. It is designed to let you interactively
test Web services given the WSDL.

Here's an old tutorial [1]. Here's the online Help [2]

[1]
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/jst/components/ws/1.0/tutorials/WebServiceExplorer/WebServiceExplorer.html
[2]
http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.jst.ws.consumption.ui.doc.user/tasks/ttestwsdl.html

Arthur Ryman, Technical Executive (IBM DE)
Project and Portfolio Management, Rational Division

phone:      +1-905-413-3077, TL 313-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-3831, TL 313-3831
fax:            +1-905-413-4920, TL 313-4920
mobile:     +1-416-939-5063

sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
11/10/2008 12:15 PM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Using Woden to generate sample SOAP body

On 10/11/2008, Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathunga@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI ,
> As Arthur said Woden doesn't provide any code generation features, But
you  can use Axis2's WSDL2JAVA tool to generate java code according to
your WSDL. You can invoke WSDL2JAVA though command line or IDE like
eclipse. please refer following links ..

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/tools/1_4_1/eclipse/wsdl2java-plugin.html
> [2] - http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_4_1/reference.html
>
> Thanks ,

Thanks, but actually I just want to generate the XML body content, not
Java code.
This is for use in testing arbitrary SOAP services (over HTTP) in Apache
JMeter.

We want to be able to parse the WSDL, and extract the endpoint,
soapAction and message format for a given operation. The generated
message will then be amended by the user to enter the required
variable data before it is sent over HTTP.