ws-woden-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Lawrence Mandel <>
Subject Minutes of the Woden Status Telecon, 2007-06-19
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:16:07 GMT
Attendees: Lawrence Mandel, John Kaputin, Arthur Ryman


1. Open Action Items - Lawrence Mandel

2007-03-20 - All Woden committers should try to get tied in to the Apache 
of Trust.
Lawrence: Neil Graham will sign my key. Graham and I cross signed.
Graham: I spoke to Tim Ellison who said he can sign my key.
Lawrence: Neil Graham signed my key. I need to update the keys file.
Arthur: I haven't created a key yet. I'll look up the note on the dev list
to find out how to do this.
Graham: Lawrence, now that Neil has signed your key am I tied in?
Lawrence: Yes. However, the more signatures we have the better for tying 
in to the Web of Trust. The further you are away in the chain linking you 
to someone else the less they can trust you.
John: I'm working with Graham to learn how to sign public keys.
Lawrence: You can get your key signed in parallel by several people. The 
signatures will be merged by gpg.
John: Graham, you're using a GUI.
Graham: Yes. If I can find the link I'll send it to the list.
Lawrence: John and I are in the process of cross signing each other's 
John: I've figured out how to import a key. Lawrence and I will cross sign
Lawrence: John and Graham need to cross sign. I will close this action 
after that's complete.
Lawrence: John needs to sign my key and Graham and John need to cross sign 

for this action to be completed.
John: No progress.
Lawrence: No progress this week.
Lawrence: John and I swapped keys.
John: I sent Graham a signed version of his key. When he's back we'll 
complete the transaction.

2007-04-17 - John and Graham will create a proposed date for M8.
John: We didn't have a chance to discuss this yet.
John: Graham and I were both unavailable to discuss this issue this last 
week. We'll try to get this done on Thursday of this week.
Graham: We've been unable to meet the last couple weeks.
John: We'll take care of a date this week.
John: We haven't had a chance to come up with a date. I think at the 
earliest it will be at the end of June or early July.
John: We'll try to get to it this week.
John: I'm in the process of doing this. I'm making my way through the Jira 
list. Right now I'm looking at July 20. I'll post to the list this week.

2007-04-17 - John will post to the Woden dev list about removing the SAX 
John: I want to take a look through the source before posting this. 
John: No progress yet.
Arthur: We may need the attribution just because we bundle Xerces.
John: I need to look in Xerces license to see if they include this 
license. I haven't had a chance to look into this. The real question is do 

we need the SAX attribution if we only have a binary dependency on SAX.
John: No progress.
John: No progress.

2007-05-22 - John will follow up with Jeremy about the copyright question 
the status file.
John: Jeremy was following up to ensure the paperwork for our WSDL4J 
contribution was done. It's with IBM legal now. I'll follow up next week.

2007-05-22 - Lawrence will update the news and other general items.
Lawrence: I've completed most of the items. There are 4 outstanding items 
in the status file. 2 for John and 2 for me to complete.

2007-05-22 - John will document the Woden decision making and development 
processes on the Woden site.
John: No progress.

2. Milestone 8 (M8) Status - John Kaputin

John: There are a group of Jiras around extensions that I'm working on. 
I'm going to prototype an extension solution.

John: Sriram worked on Woden-3. I'll see if he wants to finish it off so 
we can use his contribution.

Arthur: Are we in sync with the proposed recommendation.
John: Yes. The spec should be in recommendation before M8. Have you heard 
anything from the W3C?
Arthur: I saw a note requesting rep approval. I'm going to follow up.

3. Graduation from Incubation - Lawrence Mandel

Lawrence: We have 4 items left that John and I will handle. We will then 
propose to the WS and Incubator PMCs.
John: Let's try to do this before M8.

4. Development Discussion - All

John: I have a summer student starting in July. He'll be able to work on 

John: I'd like to do a 1.0 release shortly after M8.
Arthur: Let's wait for the spec to be in rec.
John: I'm thinking end of Aug or early Sept. I think the main thing to do 
after M8 is to review the spec and make and last updates. The one 
outstanding item I'd like to include in 1.0 is serialization. I'm hoping 
out student will be able to tackle this.

5. Other Business - All

No other business raised.


Lawrence Mandel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message