ws-woden-dev mailing list archives

From Lawrence Mandel <lman...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: No need for imported doc entries in catalog file?
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:45:27 GMT
Yes. That's much clearer. Thanks.

I think it's fine to have the W3C catalog in our tests package.

Lawrence

"Graham Turrell (gmail)" <gturrell@googlemail.com>
04/17/2007 06:13 AM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: No need for imported doc entries in catalog file?

Hi Lawrence,

Bit of explaination needed. There are actually two catalog files in the
full distro: schema.catalog is the system catalog containing references to
WSDL2 and related schema and is therefore generally applicable. The other
catalog (the subject of the earlier part of this thread) is specific to
the W3c test suite, but this appears only in the {trunk}/test directory of
the woden tree (and the "test" jar in the distro), not in the {trunk}/src
tree.This is just an example of a "user catalog" that can be specified in
addition to the "hard-wired" system catalog. In this case the w3c user
catalog is available for running the w3c test-suite offline/locally.

The two catalogs types are covered in the woden user guide [1]. I'd
certainly accept any suggestions for clarifying thwe mechanism
description...

In summary, the (test-suite independent) system catalog appears in the
main woden jar file, and the test-suite specific user catalog is in the
woden test jar (along with the test-suite specific JUnit classes).

Hope that clarifies?

Regards,

Graham.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/woden/userguide.html : "3 ? Automatic