ws-woden-dev mailing list archives

From Arthur Ryman <>
Subject Re: [axis2] woden/axis2 interop
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 14:46:42 GMT

I haven't seen any results yet. We need to make some visible progress asap
since the event in one month away.

We could start with generating clients for existing Axis2 Webservices,

Scenario 1

1. Create a simple Java class, e.g. echoString, and deploy it as an Axis2
Web service and generate WSDL 1.1. The service can use SOAP 1.1.
2. Convert the WSDL 1.1 to WSDL 2.0 using the existing converter.
3. Generate a Java client from the WSDL 2.0 using the to-be-written
WSDL2Java client proxy generator that uses WSDL 2.0.
4. Test the WSDL 2.0 based client agains the deployed service.
5. Validate the SOAP traffic using the WS-I Test Tools available at
Eclipse. These tools understand WSDL 1.1 and SOAP 1.1 but that's OK since
we have both a WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2.0 description and are using SOAP 1.1.

Scenario 2

Same as scenario 1 except we generate a client from WSDL 1.1. and a
service from the converted WSDL 2.0. This requires a to-be-writen
WSDLtoJava server skeleton generator.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text:

Graham Turrell <>
06/06/2006 10:02 AM
Please respond to

[axis2] woden/axis2 interop

Hi folks,

Just wondering where we are in terms of development on the axis2 / woden
integration for the interop event, and what is there left to do?
I know that one or two contributors are already actively working on this.

I think that a good minimal demonstration for the interop event would be
send a client request to an in-out axis2 service with a wsdl2.0
ensure that the SOAP message is correctly interpreted and the appropriate
response message generated and dispatched.
(Deserialization is a TBD but from earlier discussion on the list doesnt
seem to be specifically needed for the interop demonstration)

To that end, I am keen to help on any aspect of the interop work
from the Woden side), such as architecture, code or test
Where are the gaps (if any) and how can I help?

Kind Regards,

Graham C Turrell CEng, MBCS
Chartered IT Practitioner

WebSphere ESB Foundation Technologies
DE3F16 / MP 211
IBM Labs
Hursley Park
Winchester, Hampshire
England.  SO21 2JN

Tel +44-(0)1962-815018

"No army can withstand the force of an idea whose time
has come.". -Victor Hugo

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message