ws-woden-dev mailing list archives

From Lawrence Mandel <lman...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Changing the handling of qnames at parse-time
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:57:13 GMT
John,

-1 to using a string. We shouldn't do things to make life easier for the
validator and more difficult for our other clients.

Can you give examples of instances where the validator would not be able
to obtain the required information to produce the correct error message?

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@ca.ibm.com

John Kaputin <KAPUTIN@uk.ibm.com>
10/11/2005 05:54 AM
Please respond to
woden-dev

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Changing the handling of qnames at parse-time

Perhaps 'qname string' was not the right term? I meant an attribute value
that's a prefix qualified name.

e.g. the string "tns:myInterface" in:

<binding name="myBinding"  interface="tns:payment">

Resolving the prefix requires access to the owning DOM element and the
DescriptionElement, so it's easier to do this at parse-time.  But if an
error occurs resolving the namespace at parse-time,  this will not be
handled until later by the validator, so perhaps the error info should
probably be retained for the validator.

John Kaputin

             Davanum Srinivas
             <davanum@gmail.co

                                       woden-dev@ws.apache.org
             10/10/2005 16:25                                           cc

                                                                   Subject

             Please respond to         Re: Changing the handling of qnames

                 woden-dev             at parse-time

"{http://x.y.z}element" ???

-- dims

On 10/10/05, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 15:36 +0100, John Kaputin wrote:
> >
> > I'm thinking about modifying the xxxElement interfaces to use String
and
> > String[] instead of QName and QName[] and change the Reader to just
store
> > the qname string from a WSDL attribute, instead of converting it to a
QName