ws-woden-dev mailing list archives

From Kihup Boo <>
Subject Re: Order of DescriptionElement content
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:49:41 GMT
Hi Lawrence,

If it does not decrease the efficiency of the model noticeably, the ability
of maintaining white space would be great especially for developing WSDL

- Kihup

             M@IBMCA                                                    To
             10/11/2005 03:32                                           cc
                                       Re: Order of DescriptionElement
             Please respond to         content

Hi Kihup,

Sounds like a reasonable request. John and I briefly spoke about the idea
of maintaining location information (line, column, offset, and file) with
each element and the idea tha the model would not lose any information
(including invalid information). This should allow the model to serialize
its contents to XML in the same order in which it was read. One thing we
didn't discuss was maintaining white space or formatting. Is this a concern
to you as well?

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920

 Kihup Boo/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
 10/11/2005 02:51 PM
          Please respond to                                        Subject
              woden-dev                       Order of DescriptionElement

Since it is not clear to me from its XML element interface, I was wondering
whether or not the content order of <description> would be preserved during
a load, update, & save cycle.

For example, if an original <description> has <interface> and <service>
this order, some users may not want this sequence reversed after saving the
WSDL. Has this been a consideration?

Thanks in advance,
- Kihup

To unsubscribe, e-mail: