ws-woden-dev mailing list archives

From John Kaputin <KAPU...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Changing the handling of qnames at parse-time
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:54:49 GMT
Perhaps 'qname string' was not the right term? I meant an attribute value
that's a prefix qualified name.

e.g. the string "tns:myInterface" in:

<binding name="myBinding"  interface="tns:payment">

Resolving the prefix requires access to the owning DOM element and the
DescriptionElement, so it's easier to do this at parse-time.  But if an
error occurs resolving the namespace at parse-time,  this will not be
handled until later by the validator, so perhaps the error info should
probably be retained for the validator.

John Kaputin

             Davanum Srinivas
             <davanum@gmail.co
                                       woden-dev@ws.apache.org
             10/10/2005 16:25                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Changing the handling of qnames
                 woden-dev             at parse-time

"{http://x.y.z}element" ???

-- dims

On 10/10/05, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 15:36 +0100, John Kaputin wrote:
> >
> > I'm thinking about modifying the xxxElement interfaces to use String
and
> > String[] instead of QName and QName[] and change the Reader to just
store
> > the qname string from a WSDL attribute, instead of converting it to a
QName