ws-woden-dev mailing list archives

From Lawrence Mandel <>
Subject Re: Order of DescriptionElement content
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:32:45 GMT
Hi Kihup,

Sounds like a reasonable request. John and I briefly spoke about the idea
of maintaining location information (line, column, offset, and file) with
each element and the idea tha the model would not lose any information
(including invalid information). This should allow the model to serialize
its contents to XML in the same order in which it was read. One thing we
didn't discuss was maintaining white space or formatting. Is this a
concern to you as well?

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920

Kihup Boo/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
10/11/2005 02:51 PM
Please respond to

Order of DescriptionElement content

Since it is not clear to me from its XML element interface, I was
whether or not the content order of <description> would be preserved
a load, update, & save cycle.

For example, if an original <description> has <interface> and <service>
this order, some users may not want this sequence reversed after saving
WSDL. Has this been a consideration?

Thanks in advance,
- Kihup

To unsubscribe, e-mail: