ws-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Wyatt" <jwy...@itree.com.au>
Subject XML over XML-RPC
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 04:35:27 GMT
Hi,

We've been using the Apache XML-RPC 1.1 library for a few projects and
it's been great. In the last project our GUI was talking to the server
over wireless and we couldn't use SQLNET. So we implemented a remote
database query over XML-RPC, where you could pass an SQL string to the
XML-RPC server and it would do the query on the central database then
return the response as a vector of hashtables, one hashtable per row.
This worked fine.

Now we have implemented some stored procedures on the central database
that return an XML document as a CLOB. We want to call these stored
procedures through the same mechanism.

I have couple of questions:

1. Are there any issues with sending XML in a String over XML-RPC in the
apache v1.1 implementation?

2. Is there any fundamental limit to the size of the XML-RPC response?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

--
Falun Dafa: A peaceful meditation practice under persecution in China
http://www.faluninfo.net

Truth - Compassion - Forbearance