ws-users mailing list archives

From stephane parenton <steph...@parenton.com>
Subject Re: how one would do to....
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:49:40 GMT
Chris Jackson a écrit:

>If you talking about upgrading you client application or classes in your
>client application, you may be better off looking at java webstart. We
>use xmlrpc for invoking methods on our server, but use webstart to keep
>the clients up-to-date (if you want to send code to the server, I miss
>understood and you should just ignore this email all together ;-)

well, webstart would be nice actually, but as it is a university's
student work, we must keep up with what our teachers want us to do...
and this is why we can't use any external tools... We could have done
this with a quick and dirty batch over ssh, or even tried to see the
webstart side, but we have chosen a technology and we must stick to
it.... XML-RPC is great to launch remote tasks, and with the answer of
 john, i guess i can go my way to make it work.... i've found ways to
turn a binary file into bytes, ways to turn the bytes into a binary file
again, i guess i can put this into a procedure parameter (at least i'll
try it)... I have to work on the way to handle the byte list for it to
be accepted by the binary-writing procedure.... hope i'm on a good way
;-) (if not, you'll hear from me soon :-) )
you did not misunderstood... it's just that i have rules to respect ...

regards
stephane