ws-tsik-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Granqvist, Hans" <hgranqv...@verisign.com>
Subject RE: Bugfix to PrivateKeyTool.java
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:49:54 GMT
Looks good ..  I will commit 


________________________________

	From: Bradley Ward [mailto:bward@coindata.com] 
	Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:46 AM
	To: tsik-dev@ws.apache.org
	Subject: FW: Bugfix to PrivateKeyTool.java
	
	

	FYI:

	 

	I am using TortoiseSVN. It has a visual diff utility, but I'm
not aware of any command line diff tool.

	 

	I just ran a unix diff on it and got this:

	 

	$ diff PrivateKeyTool.java PrivateKeyTool2.java

	123a124

	>               e.printStackTrace(System.err);

	173c174,184

	<         if (!"PKCS8".equals(key.getFormat())){

	---

	>         boolean exportable = false;

	>         String keyFormat = key.getFormat();

	>         if ("PKCS8".equals(keyFormat))

	>         {

	>               exportable = true;

	>         } else if ("PKCS#8".equals(keyFormat))

	>         {

	>               exportable = true;

	>         }

	> 

	>         if (!exportable){

	176c187

	<
+key.getFormat() + " format)")

	;

	---

	>                                                +keyFormat + "
format)");

	$


	 

	
________________________________


	From: Granqvist, Hans [mailto:hgranqvist@verisign.com] 
	Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:23 AM
	To: Bradley Ward
	Subject: RE: Bugfix to PrivateKeyTool.java

	 

	You need to attach a proper diff. Which svn client are you
using?

	 

	Just to make sure: Did you run the unit tests to make sure
nothing broke?

	 

		 

		
________________________________


		From: Bradley Ward [mailto:bward@coindata.com] 
		Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:12 AM
		To: tsik-dev@ws.apache.org
		Subject: Bugfix to PrivateKeyTool.java

		Hello - I'm a new developer on the TSIK list. I've
downloaded TSIK and will be using it in my application.

		 

		While working with it, I tried to use the PrivateKeyTool
program in the trunk/src/org/apache/tsik/xmlsig/tools package, but it
did not work for me. Investigating further, I found that the
key.getFormat() call was returning "PKCS#8" which the code did not catch
- the code only caught "PKCS8".

		 

		So I changed this little section of code:

		 

		        Key key = ks.getKey(alias,
password.toCharArray());

		 

		        if (!"PKCS8".equals(key.getFormat())){

		            throw new IllegalArgumentException("Key is
not exportable in "

		                                               +"PKCS #8
format (found " 

	
+key.getFormat() + " format)");

		        }

		 

		To this:

		 

		        Key key = ks.getKey(alias,
password.toCharArray());

		 

		        boolean exportable = false;

		        String keyFormat = key.getFormat();

		        if ("PKCS8".equals(keyFormat))

		        {

		            exportable = true;

		        } else if ("PKCS#8".equals(keyFormat))

		        {

		            exportable = true;

		        }

		        

		        if (!exportable){

		            throw new IllegalArgumentException("Key is
not exportable in "

		                                               +"PKCS #8
format (found " 

	
+keyFormat + " format)");

		        }

		 

		If you would like to incorporate this code change, I
have attached the modified file.

		 

		Thanks,

		
		Brad

		 

		Bradley Ward

		Coin Data, LLC.


Mime
View raw message