ws-tsik-dev mailing list archives

From "Granqvist, Hans" <hgranqv...@verisign.com>
Subject RE: Formatting Breaks Signature
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:25:14 GMT
Hi Brad,

This is how XML signatures work. White space is significant. Pretty
printing will break signatures.
See more http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/

Hans

________________________________

	From: Bradley Ward [mailto:bward@coindata.com]
	Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:20 AM
	To: tsik-dev@ws.apache.org
	Subject: Formatting Breaks Signature

	Hello,

	I am using the Verifier class to verify the signature on my
document. It works if I run it on the file just after I have generated
it. But if I open the file in XmlSpy and format it (so I can read it
better), it no longer works. I get this message:

	INFO  [org.apache.tsik.xmlsig.elements.SignedInfo] Verify
reference [Reference URI='#1376e4c0-417c-11da-9df3-19f672e7d7e0'
[Transforms[CanonicalizationTransform]][Sha1DigestMethod][DigestValue
fgDYtHOkpJ...]] failed, digests do not match! The digital signature IS
NOT valid!

	Is there any way around this?  It sure would be nice to be able
for format the document without breaking the signature.

	Thanks,

	Brad