ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOAP Solution
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:48:10 GMT
First, some definitions:

Apache SOAP and Apache Axis are SOAP implementations. They are both
toolkits that allow you to write applications that communicate using
SOAP. SAAJ is a standard Java API for communicating using SOAP. In
order to use SAAJ, you must use a SOAP implementation that implements
the SAAJ API.

Apache SOAP is not an active project anymore. New development on this
project stopped in 2002. It has interoperability challenges, and it
does not support the latest SOAP standards. For example, it does not
support SAAJ, JAX-RPC, WSDL, and WS-I. You should not use Apache SOAP
for new applications.

Apache SOAP has been superceded by Apache Axis. Apache Axis implements
SAAJ and JAX-RPC. It also supports WSDL, WS-I, WS-Security, and lots
of additional features. See http://ws.apache.org/axis.

Anne