ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Sandip Satpathy" <sand...@jataayusoft.com>
Subject Enable Basic Authentication
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2000 00:42:13 GMT
May be a off the track question..
Can some one help me ?

I have a soap application deployed in websphere 4.0. How can I enable "basic authentication"
for all the HTTP request to "messagerouter" ?

So far I have tried following steps :(Steps as described in the advanced edition handbook)
1. in AAT right click on Web Module and select properties
2. select the "advanced" tab
3. select the "login configuration" check box.
4. Set the authentication method to "Basic"
5. Set the Realm Name to "mm7soap"
6. Save / Update the ear.

How ever after redeploying the service a GET request to the "messagerouter" from browser is
not prompting me for user id and password.

Pls help.

Regards,

- sandip