ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From billy...@hsbc.com.hk
Subject Memo: Re: HTTP 1.1 Persistent Connection
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:09:41 GMT
Hi Susantha,

It's Java - the code base is Apache SOAP 2.3.1 with some minor code
changes (mainly on adding some trace messages).

Billy

To:     <soap-user@ws.apache.org>
cc:     Billy T S KAN/TRS IBM APH/HBAP/HSBC@HSBC

Our Ref:
Your Ref:
Subject:        Re: HTTP 1.1 Persistent Connection

Hi Billy,

What is the SOAP engine you are using ? Axis ? C++ or Java ?

Thanks,

Susantha.

> Hi all,
>
> We are currently facing a performance problem in using Apache SOAP to
> sending a high volume of SOAP messages to a remote server. Our network
> people told us that one of the issue is that there is a lot of TCP
> handshaking and they suggest us to use HTTP 1.1 persistent connection.
>
> I knew that Apache SOAP only support HTTP 1.0 and I've searched through
> the archive of this mailing list and don't see anyone doing HTTP 1.1. Is
> it very diffcult to do? We are not HTTP expert but we do want to know if
> it is possible to do it.
>
> Any help/pointer is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Billy

> The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
> whose registered address is 1 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong

> for any errors or omissions.

This message originated from the Internet. Its originator may or may not
be who they claim to be and the information contained in the message
and any attachments may or may not be accurate.