ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Roberts <j_drobe...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: calling dot net web services from java soap
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:14:01 GMT
Hi Scott,

What about the other soap code from the following snippet:

e.g.
NS_URI_SOAP_ENC
&
urn:xml-SOAP-App (the name of my app)

Sicne I am now taliking to dotnet and not soap, presumably they do differ?

Jonathan

            URL url = new URL(mstrHostString + "/main.asmx");
            SOAPMappingRegistry smr = new SOAPMappingRegistry();
            StringDeserializer sd = new StringDeserializer();
            smr.mapTypes(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC,    new QName("", "Result"), null, null,
sd);
            // create the transport and set parameters
            SOAPHTTPConnection st = new SOAPHTTPConnection();

            // build the call.
            Call call = new Call();
            call.setSOAPTransport(st);
            call.setSOAPMappingRegistry(smr);

            c.setTargetObjectURI ("urn:xml-SOAP-App");                 call.setMethodName("
  method on server");
            call.setEncodingStyleURI("http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/");

Scott Nichol <snicholnews@scottnichol.com> wrote:
You used

r = c.invoke ( new URL( "localhost/soap/servlet/rpcrouter"), ""

because "localhost/soap/servlet/rpcrouter" was the URL for your Apache SOAP service. The URL
is simply the service endpoint; it can be any URL. To call a .NET service, you might have

r = c.invoke ( new URL(http://localhost/services/MyService.asmx), "" )

Overall, the interop story is that it is *simple* to work with .NET when the services are
rpc/encoded. The default with .NET services, however, is to use document/literal. There are
some hacks and workarounds in Apache SOAP (some only in the nightly builds), but interop there
is still less than ideal.

For the best interop with .NET, you should use Apache Axis. It supports more specs, notably
WSDL 1.1.

Scott Nichol

specific mail lists.