ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Nichol" <>
Subject Re: Maintain Session at serverside for VB client
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:33:36 GMT
Apache SOAP will always create a session for a client.  That will cause a Set-Cookie header
to be sent to the client.  The client must then simply return the value in a Cookie header.

I found the following at developersdex (

From: Brian Combs
Date Posted: 1/9/2004 9:15:00 AM

Soap Toolkit 3.0 uses WinHttp to make soap calls. WinHttp will handle HTTP
session cookies with out you having to do anything.

Brian [MS]
Microsoft Developer Support

Therefore, it would appear that if you are using the MS SOAP Toolkit 3.0, your client will
automatically send the required cookie.

Scott Nichol