ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Liam DeMasi" <ldem...@acsinc-nj.com>
Subject RE: when to use SOAP attachment ?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:53:29 GMT
Hello Dheeraj,

If you wouldn't mind, I would like a copy of the code and the format for how
it works.

Thank you.

 - Liam
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Dheeraj [mailto:dheeraj@optimyz.com]
  Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 1:49 PM
  To: soap-user@ws.apache.org
  Subject: Re: when to use SOAP attachment ?

  Hi Vishal,

  You should yse attachments when you are planning to send the large amount
of data. Because SOAP uses the existing MIME and DIME formats to send the
data so no new invenstion and advantage is the SOAP processors does not have
to do any processing work to get the attachments, because when we send the
attachement in SOAP request the SOAP envelop contains only the reference to
the actuall attachment data.

  For each attachment there is a referece in the SOAP envelop and all
attachment data is devided in parts some thine like ----Part--ID and at the
end the close part line while tells the end of the attachment info.

  Does that make sense.

  If u need the actually code and format how it works, let me know.

  thanks
  dheeraj