ws-soap-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Tudor, Liviu @Cimage" <Liv...@cimage.com>
Subject RE: Problems with deserialization -- takes *over 6 minutes*
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:00:52 GMT
Well, the thing is I'm developing it using BEA WebLogic and WebSphere which
are Apache SOAP-based so I'd rather stick to that -- unless there is a
*real* need to do that (which might be the case :( ).. I can dem it at the
moment with small amounts of data as I said, but sooner or later I'll have
get to the bottom of this... I'd rather not change platforms -- as it means
re-coding and all that, and besides, Axis is still beta! Just wondering
whether is something that can be changed/tweaked to improve the performance.
Do you know of any performance comparison reports between Apache SOAP and
Axis?

	Liv

Liviu Tudor 

Cimage Novasoft Limited
: www.cimagenovasoft.com <http://www.cimagenovasoft.com/> 
+ liviut@cimage.com <mailto:liviut@cimage.com> 
(Fax: +44 (0)1344 767701
(Direct Line: +44 (0)1344 767759 
*Centennial Court, Easthampstead Road, Bracknell, BERKS, RG12 1JZ 

 Sun Java Certified Programmer	
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but
when you do, it blows away your whole leg." Bjarne Stroustrup



-----Original Message-----
From: Erich Izdepski [mailto:eizdepski@cysive.com]
Sent: 08 August 2002 14:31
To: soap-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Problems with deserialization -- takes *over 6 minutes*


Have you tried an Apache Axis client?

Erich Izdepski
Senior Software Engineer
Cysive, Inc.


-----Original Message-----
From: Tudor, Liviu @Cimage [mailto:LiviuT@cimage.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 9:04 AM
To: Soap-User (E-mail)
Subject: Problems with deserialization -- takes *over 6 minutes*


Hi everyone!

	I've come across this problem recently when starting testing my Java
webservices consumers with serious amounts of data.

	Basically, I've got a series of .NET web services and I can consume
them with no problem from .NET itself (oh, well, pretty expectable I would
say ;-) ) however, the problems occured when trying to consume them from
Java using Apache SOAP. It works fine for small amounts of data (i.e. less
than 20-30K worth of XML in response messages). However, at the moment I've
stuck quite a few records in the database, so every response from the .NET
services weight around 400-500-600K (the XML content length). This triggered
a very painfull side-effect: the deserialization process of such a message
(which contains nested arrays and compound types) takes about *6 minutes*
per request!!! I thought in the beginning the problem is with the Xerces
parser, but it turned out not to be that as using TcpTunnel and saving the
response into an XML file, I could parse this file in about 2 seconds! So
the whole problem obviously relies in deserialization! Also, the processor
goes up to 100% usage during this process.
	The strange thing is that for the same responses to be
parsed/deserialized it only takes about 4-5 seconds using the .NET clients
that I've got.
	Does anybody have any idea what do I need to change (if anything) or
how should I go about improving the speed, as 6 minutes wait time will
purely mean that I can't build my solution around Apache SOAP and I'll have
to stick with .NET.
	Thanks alot!

			Liv


Liviu Tudor
Cimage Novasoft Limited
:www.cimagenovasoft.com
+liviut@cimage.com
(Fax: +44 (0)1344 767701
(Direct Line: +44 (0)1344 767759
*Centennial Court, Easthampstead Road, Bracknell, BERKS, RG12 1JZ
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but
when you do, it blows away your whole leg." Bjarne Stroustrup

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:soap-user-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:soap-user-help@xml.apache.org>


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:soap-user-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:soap-user-help@xml.apache.org>

Mime
View raw message