ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Wilkins, Craig" <cwilk...@akamai.com>
Subject RE: Sending and XML document
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 14:42:16 GMT
If you use apache soap on the client side you can use XML Literal Encoding
to send XML Elements.  I would think that you can send the document, but all
documents have a root element and that is what we send.  From the root
Element, you can always get the doc at the server, so that should solve that
problem.  There is or will be support for attachments in SOAP and you could
also look at SOAP messaging over SMTP.

There is SOAP RPC and SOAP Messaging.  I believe that (in theory) messaging
is what you want, but I find that you can do close to the same thing using
RPC.  I feel that RPC is much easier.  Your SOAP client just needs to wait
for the SOAP RPC response before it can continue processing.  There may be
ways around this though.

A possible solution to your problem is to have an RPC SOAP service that
takes in an XML Element/Document and returns a what every you want, like an
"I got it" status.

I hope this was helpful,
Craig

Note - We have been sucessfull getting MS SOAP to encode XML Literal, but no
luck with Perl SOAP::Lite.