ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From Ong Boon Pang <on...@coleridge.com.sg>
Subject How to hook soap to a JMS server?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 03:49:05 GMT
Hi,

This is the idea I have... A soap client sends a soap message requests
to a JMS server's inQueue/Topic using standard soap object. On the server
end, A soap service listen to the JMS server for a soap message. Process
the request, send its reply to JMS server outQueue/Topic. Client picks up
the reply using standard soap object.

Have anyone tried to connect the apache SOAP-Message portion to
any JMS server?

This will complete the SOAP message portion for adapting to MOM model.
Like the latest Message EJB standard. This is how we can get away from
using most of the EJB features. Hence, avoiding paying handsome amount
for a EJB Application Server like iPlanet, WebLogic in most cases.

I am still new in Apache SOAP (only 2/3 weeks), however the message part
of soap that can talk to a smtp / pop server makes JMS not too impossible.

Please help.

cheers,
Boon Pang
ongbp@coleridge.com.sg