ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From Uzay Takaoglu <uTakao...@simplexis.com>
Subject RE: Need help on win2000 soap run with tomcat
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 22:45:42 GMT
Check the list below:

1. Make sure you set soap's installation dir under your "classpath"?
2. Make sure the Xercer's path is the first thing under your classpath
3. By default Tomcat uses two jar files jaxp.jar and parser.jar, remove
these jar files from <tomcat_installation_dir>\lib folder

Uzay Takaoglu
Sr. Software Engineer

Simplexis
> > eCommerce for the Business of Education
www.simplexis.com
640 2nd Street
San Francisco, CA 94107

-----Original Message-----
From: Shyam Sarkar [mailto:ssarkar@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 1:45 PM
To: soap-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Need help on win2000 soap run with tomcat

Hi,

I did replace xerces 1.3.1 with 1.4.0. and could deploy and list but getting
other problems for methods.
Please help me to solve it:

--------------------------------------------error reported
below-----------------------------------------

>C:\xml\soap\soap-2_1>java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
<http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter>   deploy
C:\xml\soap\soap-2_1\samples\addressbook\DeploymentDescriptor.xml

>C:\xml\soap\soap-2_1>java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
<http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter>   list
Deployed Services:
        urn:AddressFetcher

>C:\xml\soap\soap-2_1>java samples.addressbook.GetAddress
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
<http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter>  "John B. Good"
Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = deployment error in SOAP service 'urn:AddressFetcher':
class name 'samples.addressbook.Address' could not be resolved:
samples.addressbook.Address

---