ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Das, Kuntal" <Kuntal....@Schwab.com>
Subject RE: BadTargetObjectURI - very frustrating. Help !
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 17:50:02 GMT

Phone : (415)667-4322
Live life to the brim.................

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahul Kirthivasan [mailto:heavensdoor123@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 2:11 AM
To: soap-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: BadTargetObjectURI - very frustrating. Help !

Hi there ,

I've been battling all morning with this problem and I
still don't have a solution. I am half dead trying to
find the cause of this problem.

I get a SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI error
"Unable to resolve target object: MySOAPTest"

I guess this error is related to a class path problem.
But I have included the folder containing this class
in Tomcat's class path. The class does not belong to
any package.
So if I have the MySOAPTest.class in C:\MySamples
folder, I have included C:\MySamples folder in
Tomcat's classpath.
I can see this class path displayed in the console
when Tomcat starts up. Yet it is not able to find the
class. C:\MySamples folder is also present in my
system classpath.

Tomcat classpath :

-------------------------
Using CLASSPATH:
D:\ApacheXerces\xerces-1_2_3\Xerces.jar;D:\ApacheSOAP\soap-2_1\
lib\soap.jar;D:\JavaSDK\JavaMail\javamail-1.2\mail.jar;D:\JavaSDK\JBActivati
onFr
amework\jaf-1.0.1\activation.jar;C:\MySamples;D:\ApacheSOAP\soap-2_1;;d
:\ApacheTomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\classes;d:\ApacheTomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3
.2.1
\lib\ant.jar;d:\ApacheTomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\lib\jaxp.jar;d:\ApacheTomc
at\j
akarta-tomcat-3.2.1\lib\servlet.jar;d:\ApacheTomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\lib
\par
ser.jar;d:\ApacheTomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\lib\webserver.jar;d:\ApacheTomc
at\j
akarta-tomcat-3.2.1\lib\jasper.jar;;c:\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar
-------------------------

I even tried moving the class to
d:\ApacheTomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\classes.
But still I get the BadTargetObjectURI error.

C:\>java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/
servlet/rpcrouter query URN:MySOAPTest

<isd:service
xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
id="URN:MySOAPTest">
  <isd:provider type="java" scope="Application"
methods="Hello">
    <isd:java class="MySOAPTest" static="false"/>
  </isd:provider>
</isd:service>

Any help will be greatly appreciated .

Thanks,