ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From Chuyu Xiong <chu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: RMI versus SOAP
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 19:35:22 GMT
I think your arguments miss the major point of SOAP.
If what you want is "just" language independecy, then
CORBA will serve better than SOAP since it is faster
and has much more service than SOAP (for example,
callback).

I think the most important part of SOAP is that it is
on HTTP and it is ASCII based. These give it
advantages/disadvantages. The major one is: SOAP
should be no much trouble with firewall, while
CORBA hardly can survive on true Internet environment.