ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Brent G" <suga...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Logging - off
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 00:58:43 GMT
I would imagine that the bulk of the 10% hit is due to the base64 encoding?

-----Original Message-----
From: Per Böckman [mailto:pebo@enea.se]
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 6:11 PM
To: soap-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Logging - off

Thanks! It might not be the easiest way imaginable to disable
trace-information but it worked;-)

After disabling the trace-information (i.e. uncommenting the
System.err.println statement in
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet) I got round trip times at ~30
msecs calling a SOAP-router and a Java class on the local machine(The test
suite I wrote looped testing a ping-operation, an operation taking basic
types, an operation taking a JavaBean and finally an operation taking an
array of bytes). (I could probably optimize the test code to get better
results). Sending a JavaBean using the BeanSerializer was approximately 10%
slower than sending the corresponding values as "normal" parameters.

Regards,
Per
Per Böckman
ENEA Business Software