ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From Yousuf Vaid <Yv...@netpace.com>
Subject RE: Compatibility b/w SOAP4J and MS SOAP Toolkit
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:22:29 GMT
Well with the modified listener from James, i was able to run the code. My
scenario was that i was running MS SOAP listener with IIS and using Apache
Java Soap Client. It works fine for me.

Yousuf.

-----Original Message-----
From: toril.andersson@simrad.com [mailto:toril.andersson@simrad.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 7:17 AM
To: soap-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Compatibility b/w SOAP4J and MS SOAP Toolkit

Hello Yousuf & co !
Your mail made me want to have another go, as I seem to be wrestling with
the
same problem ( Java Apache client on a MS IIS server).
How did you get on with your struggling ?

According to James Snell (ref. to the oreilly links below) there have been
working client/server solutions both ways.

I seem however to be stuck somewhere in the MS/Apache compatibility issue...
I've replaced the MS listener.asp with one which was supposed to cope with
the
xsd typing deal, and as I debug on the server(MS) side I can see
the request looking quite readable:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema">carriagereturnlinefeed<SOAP-ENV:Body>
carriagereturnlinefeed<ns1:Myfunction xmlns:ns1="http://
MyServerAddress/MyIISserver/SoapTestApp.asp" SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">carriagereturnlinefeed<
MyFirstParamvalue xsi:type="xsd:double">MyFirstParamvalueAsDouble</
MyFirstParamvalue>AndThenTheSameForSecondAndLastParamcarriagereturnlinefeed
</ns1:Myfunction>carriagereturnlinefeed</SOAP-ENV:Body>carriagereturnlinefee
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Where do these <CR><LF> Come from ? Is this significant? I've copied the
building of the req. from the Apache client examples.

But the server never POSTs any response.
Any brilliant minds out there ?

Cheers,
Toril

Andy Moody <andy.moody.gbpu@statefarm.com> on 10/10/2000 02:48:11 PM