ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Steven McDowall" <...@aptest.com>
Subject RE: Problem ...
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:39:30 GMT

To be honest.. for THOSE instances you named below, there is no problem
really... The namespaces are just used as "markers" and no data transference
is actually done.. I.e. no implementation is dependent on a network
connection
being available .. since no file is actually transfered..

HOWEVER, the question does remain about other "local" schemas that may be
used (perhaps through a xsi:schemaLocation ? ) that may be a bit more of a
problem..

However, if you just use the "standard" SOAP encodingStyle and datatypes
as defined by xsd, everything is cool..

-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Miranda [mailto:mirat@pegasystems.com]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2000 4:57 PM
To: 'soap-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Problem ...

Somewhat practical question that has been bugging me,
and hopefully someone can help answer regarding schemas:

If the network that is being used to run the SOAP
calls doesn't have external internet access, or there
is no web server set up to serve schemas, how does that
work? Can you specify a local "file" URI that just reads
the file directly of a drive, or does it always have to
be an http:// URL going through a web server?  And, if
internet access is down or unavailable, how does a SOAP
implementation use the SOAP envelope attributes:

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema/instance/"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema/">

Thanks for any info.

: Tim Miranda / Software Engineer, Pegasystems / 617.374.9600 x6335