ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Kuschnir, Mark" <Mark.Kusch...@softwareag.co.uk>
Subject RE: Defining a SOAP Application Schema
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 07:49:22 GMT
There is another proposal for linking XML Schemas together called "XML
Adjunct". Search for adjunct at http://www.w3c.org.

--
Mark.Kuschnir@softwareag.co.uk, Software Engineer

-----Original Message-----
From: James Snell [mailto:jmsnell@intesolv.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 12:43 AM
To: 'soap-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Defining a SOAP Application Schema

Todd,

There are currently four separate proposals for "SOAP Interface description"
grammars that use XML Schema to describe the base XML architecture as well
as additional grammar to describe interface and entrypoint semantics.  There
is some progress being made to merge these into one, possibly two, different
proposals.  In the meantime, the two primary choices (currently available in
production environment) are Microsoft's SDL (supported only by the SOAP
Toolkit) and IBM's NASSL (supported only by IBM's NASSL Toolkit for the
SOAP4J Codebase).  In short: there aren't any really STANDARDS for how to
descibe SOAP interfaces via XML-Schema.  The options you can pick from are:

  1. IBM NASSL
  2. MS SDL
  3. MS SCL (SDL's successor that is still being defined)
  4. SIDL (www.soap-wrc.com/sidl.txt)
  5. Raw XML-Schemas

- James