ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From Keith Thomas...@XOL.com>
Subject Method Namespace
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:06:25 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to interact, as a client, with a Microsoft based SOAP server.
Apparently the Microsoft docs specify that the method namespace alias should
always be an "m". The default generated by xml-soap is "ns1" :-

     Microsoft Server expects :-
           <SOAP-ENV:Body>
          <m:XYZTransaction
SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/literalxml"
xmlns:m="XYZServer">

     xml-soap client generates :-
           <SOAP-ENV:Body>
          <ns1:XYZTransaction
SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/literalxml"
xmlns:ns1="XYZServer">

This creates two questions for me,
1) How can I change the namespace alias generated by my client from "ns1" to
"m" ? (I've tried playing with the class NSStack, without any success yet)
2) If the Microsoft server is using a regular parser should it matter what
the alias is ? (From my tests, I think the answer to this one is "no")

Thanks,
Keith Thomas
xol.com
Denver, CO, USA