ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Brennan" <Michael_Bren...@Allegis.com>
Subject RE: internationlization
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:38:16 GMT
The current Apache SOAP implementation is flawed in its protocol support and
does not properly support non-ASCII characters. I've already posted a
message about this to the soap-dev list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jun-Liang Chen [mailto:jlchen@intumit.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 2:02 AM
To: soap-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: internationlization

Dear All,

         Trivial Question, Is SOAP currently support the non-English
characters in the message body?
         I did a test from client requesting the message from server sending
chinese message in Big5
         but got "?????????....." on the screen. It looks like the problem
was in the serialization/deserialization
         process. If that is true, any fix or way to go around?  Thanks!

Jun-Liang Chen
jlchen@intumit.com
www.intumit.com