ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From James Snell <>
Subject RE: Defining a SOAP Application Schema
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:52:45 GMT
The newest version of the SOAP toolkit (available through the MSDN downloads
page) can handle complex xml payloads like your sample below... with slight
differences though.   I don't have a sample worked up that I can send you
right now (it's on my other computer at home), but it works fairly well. Off
the top of my head, I cannot remember if the IBM tools support this or not,
Sanjiva or one of the others should be able to address that question.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cory Isaacson []
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 8:52 AM
Subject: Fw: Defining a SOAP Application Schema

This is very interesting, and I have a related question. Let's say you need
to send or receive a fairly large document (with several recurring record
elements, each with nested data elements underneath them). Can the SOAP
tools handle this, or should I just parse the SOAP message myself and
process it? My goal would be to extract the nested document.

For example:

 <m:updateTable xmlns:m="http://myserver/xml-soap/UpdateTable"
   <RECORD ID=1>
   <RECORD ID=2>

Ideally, I could have an easy way to extract the body of the message as a
separate XML document:

   <RECORD ID=1>
   <RECORD ID=2>

Can this kind of thing work with the SOAP tools? I can easily see how I
could write my own SOAP compliant document as above, and process it with my
own code (without any SOAP tools) but obviously I would like to use the
tools if it makes sense.