ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From George I Matkovits <matkovi...@uswest.net>
Subject Re: Two enhancements: HTTP 1.1 keepalive and SSL
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2000 19:51:16 GMT
I started working 'off line' on the SSL version. I would like to work
with the servlet replacement of the reouter.jsp. I do not expect any
interface changes. There is just going to be a new https transport and
changes in some utility modules. I  hope it is going to be real
transparent (the URL will have https and NOT http).
Regards - George

p.s. SSL socket connection does not work for me but  my test
environment works OK over a URL connection (on Linux with Apache,
mod_ssl, openssl and Tomcat). Encryption strength will depend on the
type of the respective crypto jar file (its strength is export
controlled). I would also like to use certificates for authentication
(the APIs are there for CGI) but I am just currently researching the
respective Java APIs.