ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From Rich Johns <rjo...@vignette.com>
Subject Re: Deploy Nightmare
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 00:19:23 GMT
Classpath problems I think. At least your 2nd problem is. It looks like
you're using Tomcat. When you start Tomcat (or whatever servlet/jsp engine),
ibm-soap.jar as well as your app specific classes, must be on it's classpath. I accomplished
this by editing the tomcat.bat file.

BTW, setting up the servlet engine's classpath using tomcat.bat seems very clunky, but I'm
in that
phase of this project where I'm just trying to get things to work. Is there a best
practices sort of approach to doing this. I mean what if there are mutliple applications,
ie., (multiple sets of servlets/jsps) that all have classpath requirements. There must
be a better way to do this than to have to give the servlet engine's startup a
huge classpath spec. Any ideas?

thanks.