ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Wouter Cloetens" <wcloe...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Using SOAP with Websphere
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:12:28 GMT
On Sun, 16 Jul 2000 11:14:05 +0200, Guy Galil wrote:

>We use IBM WebSphere 2.03
>What do we need to do to run the SOAP server under it instead of Tomcat.

Guy,

I've been running the IBM SOAP4j for a while on WebSphere now. I promised Sanjiva to
write up the instructions properly so he could include it in the FAQ list, but I can't find
the
time to do it. I'm going to dump a quick & dirty in here and I hope it helps you. I will
forward
all the files I patched to you privately (note: all still SOAP4j level).

What I did:
1. Patched SOAPMappingRegistry to make it work on JDK 1.1.6. See my post dated 29
May on the alphaworks discussion forum. This still isn't fixed in the latest version of that

file in Apache-SOAP.
2. Ported the deployment tool and RPC routing JSP files to a level understood by
WebSphere v2 (JSP version 0.9 or 0.91 I think?). I took the easy approach and ripped out
support for anything but the "request" scope.
3. Put xerces.jar in the WebSphere JVM classpath before xml4j.jar (use the admin
interface to access the JVM settings, or edit properties/bootstrap.properties).

bfn, Wouter