ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From Haruyuki Ohtani <oht...@isl.melco.co.jp>
Subject OT: two quetions
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 06:39:42 GMT
Hello,

I have questions about Apache SOAP implementation.

Q1. All examples in SOAP 1.1 spec use HTTP Content-Length field both
    in SOAP request and response. But Apache SOAP does not use it
    in its SOAP resoponse. Why ?  HTTP/1.0 limitation ?

Q2. Is it possible to use Connection(Proxy-Connection) Keep-Alive
    mechanism with Apache SOAP ? How can I avoid TCP connection
    overhead during multiple SOAP requests ? I guess unless both
    Apache SOAP and Tomcat support HTTP/1.1, Connecton Keep-Alive
    is only the way to avoid the overhead.

Regards,
---
Haru (Haruyuki Ohtani)