ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Guy Galil" <Guy.Ga...@ViryaNet.com>
Subject Re: Question
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:40:22 GMT
Read a verry interesting view on XML's Impact on Current Internet Technologies
including SOAP's impact on security and infrastructure.
http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/06/21/disruption/index.html?wwwrrr_20000621.txt

Guy
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cory Isaacson
  To: soap-user@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2000 7:18 PM
  Subject: Question

  The SOAP architecture is very intriguing, and I would like to get any opinions as to using
SOAP in an application as a replacement for something like CORBA/EJB. SOAP is much less complex,
and I can see how we can easily use it both internally and externally to integrate application
functionality, even using it as a browser-server data communication vehicle (to be able to
then process the data locally in a browser).

  Any comments are appreciated.

  Cory