ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Cory Isaacson" <cisaac...@capita2.com>
Subject Fw: Just Starting Out
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:04:42 GMT
Sanjiva,

When you find the documentation for WebSphere it will be most appreciated.

I have another general question. I am interested in developing an RPC call
to a server, which returns an entire record set in an XML we have defined
for our applications. It could have 1 or 1000 records in the set. Can this
be included as the body of the SOAP envelope on the return message? If so,
is there a way to get the entire document (our section of the return
envelope) out of the return envelope? The reason is we have other objects
which already have the logic to parse and handle the document.

So the sequence I would like to do is:

1) Send the server a request;
2) The server builds an XML document and nests it in the body section of the
SOAP envelope;
3) The client receives the return envelope;
4) The client extracts the XML document the server created from the
envelope;
5) The client processes the XML document.

If not, is there another way to accomplish this using SOAP?

Thanks for your help. It looks like a very neat product so far.

Thanks,

Cory